The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) must review all research involving infectious agents, 新鲜的人体组织, DNA重组, and activities involving non-native species requiring USDA-APHIS permits.
SUNY ESF expects that all research will be performed with the highest safety standards, to guarantee the safety of the public and ESF employees. The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) is charged with ensuring that research is performed in a safe environment and in accordance with guidelines promulgated by the National Institutes of Health and other applicable authorities. The IBC will review all research conducted at or sponsored by ESF or conducted by employees of ESF which involves DNA重组, infectious, or potentially bio-hazardous agents, or activities involving non-native species requiring USDA-APHIS permits.
The IBC is authorized to inspect research facilities, approve research practices and procedures, 采取行动, such as enforcement or cessation of research or instructional activities in the event of an unsafe workplace/instructional situation.
所有人类的血液, fresh tissue, or body fluids must be regarded as possibly infected with blood borne pathogens such as Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Hepatitis B Virus (HBV). Therefore, the ESF IBC will review procedures for safe handling and may inspect ESF research facilities where human blood, 新鲜的人体组织, 或者使用体液, or research facilities used by ESF research personnel, 确保最大限度的安全.
- Ensure that all research involving DNA重组 complies with the 国家卫生研究院的指导方针
- Oversee activities involving non-native species requiring USDA-APHIS permits
- Develop and implement appropriate administrative procedures for ESF’s handling of pathogens and pests as the Committee determines necessary
- 向V提交报告.P. of Research detailing any instances of regulatory non-compliance or concerns, 和建议的反应
- Act as a resource for instructors and researchers to aid in their handling of human and environmental pests and pathogens
- Adapt to ESF’s relative needs in order to meet relevant regulatory requirements and the resource needs of instructors and researchers
- IBC政策和程序 (PDF)
- IBC申请表 (PDF)
- IBC生物安全手册模板 (PDF)
- IBC Guidance on the Use of Human, Primate, and Mammalian Cell Lines (PDF)
- IBC进展报告 (PDF)
- IBC Laboratory Biosafety Level 2 Inspection Report (PDF)